Advancing Artists 2 – Call for Artists
Are you an artist, musician, theatre maker, poet or dancer interested in developing your practice in a socially engaged way? Arts Partnership Surrey and Farnham Maltings seek arts practitioners working in or based in Surrey with ambitions to develop high quality, relevant, new, creative and socially engaged projects that support its aims to enhance wellbeing, increase participation and create a strong and positive sense of place through the arts.
If this is you, we invite you to apply to us for a year of bespoke continuing professional development.
Our 2019 Advancing Artists 2 Programme includes:
- Targeted workshops and training
- Mentor Support
- Fundraising and Management support and advice
- Action Learning
- Hands on learning and shadowing on live projects
- Conversations with established arts and cultural organisations
- Tickets to performances and events
- Building links to other, potential project partners and professional networks
- Potential for seed funding for projects towards the end of the programme
- Opportunity to pitch and showcase work to potential partners
Practitioners will be offered bespoke development support based upon their professional and creative aspirations. Practitioners will be encouraged to engage with people and places across Surrey.
We welcome applications from artists at various stages of their careers, from a range of backgrounds. We are particularly interested in artists who are keen to explore and develop work which encourages creativity in the community.
Successful applicants will be asked to commit to the full Advancing Artists 2 programme which will take place throughout 2019. The programme will include around 4 workshops, 2 larger networking events, with support to attend additional events such as conferences outside of the County.
We will, where possible timetable events to suit individual artists’ availability during the course of the programme. Each artist will be partnered with an appropriate mentor who will support throughout the programme.
We will select artists on the basis of the quality of their practice, their potential to benefit from our support, their interest in participating as part of the cohort and their interest in working with people and/or places within Surrey County.
Applicants will be asked to respond to 3 prompts:
- Please tell us about your artistic work so far and your professional /creative aspirations for the future. Please also include any examples of your work and details of partners or collaborators who have engaged with or supported your work. (You may include videos and web-links).
- Please tell us about any specific areas and skills you wish to develop (for example; project development, working in mental health settings, working with young people etc.
- Please tell us how you intend to engage communities and/ or places within Surrey County in the future and how Advancing Artists 2 might help you better respond to local opportunities.
Fees: AA2 is a fully funded programme and so, if selected you will not be required to pay any fees
If you require any access support with your application; please contact: Lucy Murray: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: Friday 14th September 2018.
Download your application here: AA2 Application Form
Please return your application form to Lucy Murray: email@example.com
Decisions will communicated by Monday 8th October 2018
We look forward to hearing from you.
Arts Partnership Surrey
Arts Partnership Surrey is a strategic alliance of nine local councils and trusts working together to shape and deliver a cultural offering for the whole county. We are committed to working in partnership with a wide range of statutory and non-statutory organisations, the voluntary sector, faith groups, charities and many others who share our ambitions to achieve our priorities.
Farnham Maltings is a cultural organisation, based in south west Surrey, that exists to encourage the people of Farnham and further afield to participate in, shape and understand the world in which we live. We believe that by being actively creative, connecting with others and articulating new ideas we will foster a happier, healthier and more inclusive set of communities.