We are looking for a stage manager for our production of It’s a Wonderful Life, based on a story by Phillip Van Doren Stern, directed by Gavin Stride. Following the success of our 2014 tour we are remounting the piece and touring it to village halls and community centres across the country this Winter.
We rehearse from 11 November 2015 at Farnham Maltings and open on 27 November 2015 and then tour until 31 January 2016. The contract will be from 9 November 2015 – 1 February 2016. The company will work 5-6 days a week.
The role will include the following duties:
- Organise and minute regular production meetings
- Support the director in rehearsals
- Support the designer in the creation and sourcing of set, costumes and props
- Liaise with the venues
- Manage the travel budget
- Tour logistics and a proportion of the driving
- Organise and lead the get-ins & get-outs
- Set up the lighting and sound
- Operate the lighting and sound
- Costume laundry
Plus any other tasks reasonably required.
The weekly rate is £500 plus subsistence of £98 per week.
Closing date: Thursday 11 June 2015.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing why you are interested in the opportunity to Julia Clague email@example.com