new internationalists offers 4 independent theatre makers a year of support designed to help them internationalise their practice. The programme will help artists to explore the opportunities that ‘internationalising’ might offer including accessing new revenue streams. The programme will offer the support, guidance, training, networks, digital materials and seed investment that best prepares each artist to develop an international strand to their practice.
September 2018 – September 2019
Who’s it for?
- The programme is open to independent artists and companies (i.e. not in receipt of NPO funding) based in England and working in the field of contemporary theatre.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3 years professional experience and have received recognition for their work in the UK.
- Applicants will ideally have some international experience (residencies, performances, interest from international promoters) and an idea of which international markets might be right for their work.
- Applicants must be able to meet the time requirements of the programme.
What will it involve?
The programme will be a mixture of bespoke support, group and individual sessions. The group elements of the programme are designed to foster a peer network that the artists can use for support going forward.
Each company/artist will receive:
- £2500 investment to cover the cost their time to participate in the programme
- £1500 towards the cost of producing digital materials
- £2000 towards identified training or subvention to pursue a particular international ambition
- a two day residential, mentoring and a group funded visit to IETM or similar.
Artists are expected to cover the cost of their own travel to UK meetings, and accommodation and per diems for the international group visit.
The draft schedule for the programme is:
A two day residential retreat for all the involved artists to meet and begin thinking about what internationalising means to them.
Mentor session for each artist/company to explore and identify individual needs and ambitions.
October 2018 – September 2019
Bespoke support for international ambitions.
Group visit to IETM.
Final mentoring session and evaluation event
To apply please download the application form and return it by email to Jennifer.Murphy@farnhammaltings.com by 10am on 25 June
For queries about the programme please contact Hannah Slimmon, International Projects Producer on 01252 745429 or Hannah.Slimmon@farnhammaltings.com (please note Hannah works Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays).
new internationalists is supported by Arts Council England.